Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year. New You. :)

The past year has brought about so much change in my life. Change with living in a new place, making new friends, having a COMPLETELY different sleep schedule, new church, etc. I have never been one to adapt to change very well, but as part of my new year, I am making a point to put more trust in the Lord through all of the changes. Going to college was hard, but I now can say that I survived the first semester and am anxious for the next one! Only a few more days!!

Looking back at 2011, I can honestly say that it was the best year of my life! All the graduation festivites, rush, meeting LOTS of new friends, and reminiscing with old ones, it has all been so wonderful! I guess my biggest goal for 2012 is to really focus more on the Lord and what His plans are for me. Too often, I try to make MY plans work because I don't like not knowing. What I am so quickly reminded is that MY plans don't matter at all. They are completely irrelevant to anything because God has so much more in store and He already knows the exact plans for my life. I am making it habit to stop stressing over the little things and just enjoy what all He has given me! So as 2011 comes to an end and 2012 begins, I ask- will you make your goals to live more for Jesus and less for yourself? Think about the ultimate goal!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7

Happy New Year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment