Tuesday, February 7, 2012

intentional.

Intentional. It seems to be a key word these days. Before college, I had never thought anything of this word, but since August, I have learned so much about what the word truly means. It isn't just one of those "good Christian words." It means keeping friendships alive even when you feel like there are not enough hours in the day. It means investing in other people's lives. It means pouring into others while also letting them pour into you. It's a learning process for sure. 


Throughout the year, I have had so many older girls that have poured into me and made sure that I had a grounded walk with Christ while going through what can be a very difficult freshmen year. Truly, I don't think that I would be where I am right now in my walk if it weren't for girls like Melissa, Lauren, or Morgan. It's their intentionality that has caused me to want to grow in my faith. It's because they invested in me that I want to invest in others. They have become my constant mentors and I am beyond thankful that I found such grounded older girls so quickly. But mentors aren't always older than me. I've got mentors that are my age and then one that is younger. It's just those girls that you can talk to about anything, but know that they will give the best advice and remind you that the Lord already has it planned out and I don't need to worry. 


I pray that I will be able to be intentional with others. It's an area of my life that needs work. Investing in others is something I am bound and determined to work on. I want to be one that people can rely on. One that people see Jesus through. I leave you with the challenge to be intentional also. It makes a difference in people's lives. It's made an incredible difference in mine, that's for sure.


Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress.                    
                                     1 Timothy 4:15


have a blessed week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment