Friday, March 2, 2012

Is it really almost over?!

Is it really almost the end of freshman year? What the heck? I was just moving in and starting classes YESTERDAY. How have I already been here for 7 months?? This semester has been so exciting and I've been able to participate in so many different activities! One of my most favorite and memorable experiences was being a part of Dance Marathon. For those that don't know, dance marathon was a day where people on Auburn's campus came together to raise money for Children's Miracle Network. We spent the ENTIRE day dancing which, of course, I enjoyed every second of! Not just that, but we got to help those kids who so desperately need our help. This was Auburn's first year to have a Dance Marathon and we were able to raise almost $66,000!!!!!!! There were tears. It's just so amazing to see that God is moving here and it's so apparent when so many people come together to reach one common goal...helping those in need. 


God is doing incredible things at Auburn! 
This is Trace, one of the Children's Miracle Network children that we got to hang out with for the day!

And the Baby Pandas bring home the Miracle Cup!!!

I've gotten to interact with SOOO many different people this semester! I was given the opportunity to work DNow at Hunter Street. I was given 8th grade girls who were on fire for the Lord! It was such a blessing to see girls at such a young age who were living out an example of Christ everyday! I learned so much from them that weekend and came back to Auburn renewed and ready to serve wherever needed. Even though I was their leader, I feel like they taught me more throughout the weekend about loving others and serving. They stretched me outside of my comfort zone. They challenged me. What an AMAZING thing when girls that are just hitting the hardest years of their lives can teach a new college student so much about loving the way Christ loved us! I didn't know them, but they welcomed me with open arms and we became a family throughout the weekend! I'm so incredibly excited to see how they grow and continue to follow Christ!   



I continue to stand in awe of all God has allowed me to do so far this year! To think that I was ever worried or doubting how He would work through me in college baffles me! He is doing beyond incredible things at Auburn and I know that as long as the people on this campus continue to love on each other and share God's love, nothing will be able to stop us. I have no words to describe what is going on but God is SO PRESENT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment